Re: pg_dumpall with individual output files per database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: pg_dumpall with individual output files per database?
Date
List pgsql-general
Le ven. 23 juil. 2021 à 12:06, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> a écrit :
On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 7:27 PM Francisco Olarte <folarte@peoplecall.com> wrote:
> It would probably complicate it, and dumping a whole cluster using
> something like pg_dumpall -g for the globals plus a loop over the
> databases using something like pg_dump -Fc ( which I would always
> recommend over plain sql format ) is just a ( little complex ) one
> liner or a 10 line script, probably not worth the scarce developer /
> maintainer brain cycles.

I always find the 502.pgsql FreeBSD backup script illuminating in this
sense: <https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/databases/postgresql10-server/files/502.pgsql.in?view=markup#l44>.
I used it as a base for my "loop and backup" scripts.

I like the simple pg_back tool ( https://github.com/orgrim/pg_back ). I much prefer the bash version, but both (bash 1.x version, and go 2.x version) are working great.

--
Guillaume.