Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Re: 答复: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin III commit: Fix SQL for GRANT on a sequence - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Re: 答复: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin III commit: Fix SQL for GRANT on a sequence
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 2:45 AM, liuyuanyuan <liuyuanyuangogo@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for your attention to this topic!

In fact, none pgadmin can be compatible with all  versions of the database.

We've done pretty well so far, supporting right back to 7.3, through we don't officially support the much older versions now, but that's mostly due to the amount of testing it requires.

Although earlier versions of PG don't support GRANT ON SEQUENCE,

but new versions support. So I think this adjustment is necessary .

Old versions supported GRANT ON TABLE for sequences iirc, (as sequences are members of pg_class). This change is only necessary if newer versions of PostgreSQL dropped that syntax. It may be desirable, if we no longer support any versions of PostgreSQL that needed the old syntax.

It's still better to use the new syntax when it's available (ie, since 8.3).