Re: [bug fix or improvement?] Correctly place DLLs for ECPG apps in bin folder - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Asif Naeem
Subject Re: [bug fix or improvement?] Correctly place DLLs for ECPG apps in bin folder
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Yes. Can you please take a look at Win_lib_bin.patch I shared earlier ?, I think it is or similar approach will be appropriate. Thanks.

Regards,
Muhammad Asif Naeem

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 5:53 PM, MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:
From: "Asif Naeem" <anaeem.it@gmail.com>

Other than my pervious comments, patch looks good to me. Thanks.

Thanks for reviewing.  I understood that your previous comment was to suggest copying the desired DLLs directly from Release/Debug folder to bin. But I'm afraid it cannot be done cleanly...  CopySolutionOutput() copies all DLLS to lib folder with no exception as follows:

  if ($1 == 1)
  {
   $dir = "bin";
   $ext = "exe";
  }
  elsif ($1 == 2)
  {
   $dir = "lib";
   $ext = "dll";
  }

It seems like I have to do something like this, listing the relevant DLL names anyway.  I don't think this is not cleaner.

  if ($1 == 1)
  {
   $dir = "bin";
   $ext = "exe";
  }
  elsif ($1 == 2 && /* the project is libpq, libecpg, etc. */)
  {
   $dir = "bin";
   $ext = "dll";
  }
  elsif ($1 == 2)
  {
   $dir = "lib";
   $ext = "dll";
  }

What do you think?  Am I misunderstanding your suggestion?

Regards
MauMau