Re: confirmed_flush_lsn shows LSN of the data that has not yet been received by the logical subscriber. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Sharma
Subject Re: confirmed_flush_lsn shows LSN of the data that has not yet been received by the logical subscriber.
Date
In response to Re: confirmed_flush_lsn shows LSN of the data that has not yet been received by the logical subscriber.  (Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 5:36 PM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 8:32 PM Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 6:23 PM Ashutosh Bapat
> > <ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 4:14 PM Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please point to the documentation.

AFAIU there is just one documentation. Here is the link for it:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/view-pg-replication-slots.html

> It's true that it needs to be clarified. But what you are saying may
> not be entirely true in case of streamed transaction. In that case we
> might send logically decoded changes of an ongoing transaction as
> well. They may even get applied but not necessarily committed. It's a
> bit complicated. :)

This can happen in case of big transactions. That's the reason I
mentioned that the transaction has a small set of data which is not
yet committed but the confirmed_flush_lsn says it has already reached
the logical subscriber.

And.. lastly sorry for the delayed response. I was not well and
couldn't access email for quite some days. The poor dengue had almost
killed me :(

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma.