Re: What's needed for cache-only table scan? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kohei KaiGai
Subject Re: What's needed for cache-only table scan?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2013/11/12 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> writes:
>> So, are you thinking it is a feasible approach to focus on custom-scan
>> APIs during the upcoming CF3, then table-caching feature as use-case
>> of this APIs on CF4?
>
> Sure.  If you work on this extension after CF3, and it reveals that the
> custom scan stuff needs some adjustments, there would be time to do that
> in CF4.  The policy about what can be submitted in CF4 is that we don't
> want new major features that no one has seen before, not that you can't
> make fixes to previously submitted stuff.  Something like a new hook
> in vacuum wouldn't be a "major feature", anyway.

Thanks for this clarification.
3 days are too short to write a patch, however, 2 month may be sufficient
to develop a feature on top of the scheme being discussed in the previous
comitfest.

Best regards,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>