Re: What's needed for cache-only table scan? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What's needed for cache-only table scan?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> writes:
> So, are you thinking it is a feasible approach to focus on custom-scan
> APIs during the upcoming CF3, then table-caching feature as use-case
> of this APIs on CF4?

Sure.  If you work on this extension after CF3, and it reveals that the
custom scan stuff needs some adjustments, there would be time to do that
in CF4.  The policy about what can be submitted in CF4 is that we don't
want new major features that no one has seen before, not that you can't
make fixes to previously submitted stuff.  Something like a new hook
in vacuum wouldn't be a "major feature", anyway.