Re: Undetected Deadlock - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Harris
Subject Re: Undetected Deadlock
Date
List pgsql-general
> but I would expect drop concurrently to resolve your issue with the two processes conflicting

I guess you mean ALTER TABLE DETACH PARTITION ... CONCURRENTLY?
DROP TABLE does not seem to have a concurrent option.
Still that does seem like a good option to try, thanks for drawing it
to my attention.

Cheers
Mike

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 at 14:20, Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com> wrote:

> There may be a bug so perhaps still pursue reproducing the issue, but I would expect drop concurrently to resolve
yourissue with the two processes conflicting. Also, perhaps trying"insert, on conflict do update" could be more
efficientthan the copy but obviously there are too many unknowns and variables for either to be a definite winner.