Re: PostgreSQL Management and monitoring tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Umair Shahid
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Management and monitoring tool
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 8:24 AM Lucas <root@sud0.nz> wrote:

On 27/01/2022, at 3:00 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 02:28:17PM +1300, Lucas wrote:
Hi guys.

I’m migrating a few databases to PG 14 and was wondering that it would be very
nice to have a tool to help me monitor and manage my databases. I found Awide
and it looks really great, but it would cost me around $800 monthly.

Do you guys know by any chance a similar solution cheaper or even open source?

Uh, this should help:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Monitoring

Thanks… But I was just hoping that someone would share their solution in a more depth way…

For example: Having Zabbix to monitor the database is nice, but it does not allow you to manage Replication, backups and more from the web, like awide.io does. Maybe there isn’t even a solution like that open source….

Have you looked at PMM: https://pmmdemo.percona.com/graph

Not a whole lot of management, but some pretty neat monitoring features including query analytics. And it is open source.

Disclaimer: Percona is my employer

--
 Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
 EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com