Re: Locale Issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stuart Bishop
Subject Re: Locale Issue
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Don Parris <parrisdc@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did run pg_dropcluster, pg_createcluster (setting locale to C.UTF8) - and
> that seemed to work, except that I could not thereafter make remote
> connections (despite resetting the hba and postgres.conf files as they
> should be).

Rather than chasing locales, I'd look into why you failed here. When
you install the PostgreSQL packages, it runs pg_createcluster for you.
If you don't like the locale or encoding you used, you run
pg_dropcluster and pg_createcluster as you did. The reason why your
database did not work after doing this is probably obvious from your
log files.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/