Re: Add A Glossary - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Corey Huinker
Subject Re: Add A Glossary
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2. I found out that "see xyz" and "see also" have bespoke markup in
Docbook -- <glosssee> and <glossseealso>.  I changed some glossentries
to use those, removing some glossdefs and changing a couple of paras to
glossseealsos.  I also removed all "id" properties from glossentries
that are just <glosssee>, because I think it's a mistake to have
references to entries that will make the reader look up a different
term; for me as a reader that's annoying, and I don't like to annoy
people.

+1 These structural enhancements are great. I'm fine with removing the id from just-glossee, and glad that we're keeping the entry to aid discovery.

I rewrote the definition for "atomic" once again.  Made it two
glossdefs, because I can.  If you don't like this, I can undo.

+1 Splitting this into two definitions, one for each context, is the most sensible thing and I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place.