Re: [POC] A better way to expand hash indexes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mithun Cy
Subject Re: [POC] A better way to expand hash indexes.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
That means at every new
+split point we double the existing number of buckets.  Allocating huge chucks

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 11:56 PM, Jesper Pedersen
<jesper.pedersen@redhat.com> wrote:

> I ran some performance scenarios on the patch to see if the increased
> 'spares' allocation had an impact. I havn't found any regressions in that
> regard.

Thanks Jasper for testing the patch.

> Attached patch contains some small fixes, mainly to the documentation - on
> top of v7.

I have taken some of the grammatical and spell check issues you have
mentioned. One major thing I left it as it is term "splitpoint" which
you have tried to change in many places to "split point", The
splitpoint is not introduced by me, it was already used in many
places, so I think it is acceptable to use that term. I think I shall
not add changes which are not part of the core issue. I think another
patch on top of this should be okay.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun C Y