Extract transactions from wals ?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Millas
Subject Extract transactions from wals ??
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

due to a set of bugs and wrong manip, an inappropriate update have been done into a production DB.
After that, quite a long set of valuables inserts and updates have been done and needs to be kept.
Obviously getting a backup and applying pitr will get us just before the offending update.
Now, we need to find a way of extracting, either from the ex prod db, or from the wals, the "good" transactions to be able to re-apply them.

This did already happen on a Prod  Oracle DB, and recovering was possible with a :
select * from table_name AS OF TIMESTAMP TO_TIMESTAMP('09052019 0900','MMDDYYYY HH24MI');
to get most things done after the problem.
As we are currently moving out of Oracle, we must prove to the business people that our new postgres env is fine.
So, ... any idea ?

thanks,

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect