Re: Extract transaction from WAL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Millas
Subject Re: Extract transaction from WAL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
funny enough, this pb looks similar to mine.
the point is: how to guess: what is the "data I need" ??

Looks like we are looking for a way to ask postgres: which transactions have occurred between this and that.
Obviously, if we can have, online, both the db after the PITR and the db "corrupted" we can try to create a dblink from one to the other and, then try to extract the "differences".

but this is not always possible. hence the question about wals.
or ?

regards,

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect