Re: Extract transactions from wals ?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Millas
Subject Re: Extract transactions from wals ??
Date
Re: Extract transactions from wals ??  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Laurenz,

I was writing select from ""table"" as a template. We have to do this for a bunch of tables.
So, to my understanding, what you suggest is to PITR up to the first timestamp, extract all meaningfull tables, and then pitr to the second timestamp
so as to be able to script a kind of "diff" between the 2 to get what I want.

Yes ?

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 5:16 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2019-11-21 at 17:07 +0100, Marc Millas wrote:
> you say "extract the data you need"
> That is exactly the point of my question, as the PITR step was obvious.
> How to guess "what is the data" I need ??

Well, you asked for the contents of a table AS OF TIMESTAMP <something>.

That means you know which table and which timestamp.

So restore the PostgreSQL cluster to that timestamp, connect
and SELECT from the table.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe