Postgresql-jdbc sources in maven central repository differ from the official ones - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Zuzana Miklankova
Subject Postgresql-jdbc sources in maven central repository differ from the official ones
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello everyone,

I was in need to build a Postgresql-jdbc 42.2.14 from sources and got kind of stuck on the following issue:

Sources of Postgresql-jdbc 42.2.14 (officially available here[1]) are available also on the central maven repo as a tarball [2].

However, the contents of those two source tarballs differ in contained .java files.
The differences are in both "src/main/java/org/postgresql/" and  "src/test/java/org/postgresql/" directories.

An example of the difference is, e.g., the "src/main/java/org/postgresql/osgi" directory, which is not available in tarball located in the maven repository,
or the "src/test/java/org/postgresql/test/jdbc4/CopyUtfTest.java" file, which on the other hand is available only in the maven located tarball,
but there are more differences.

note: I observed this issue on version 42.2.14, but I did not examine any other versions in this matter.

Why does the content differ?
What steps does the proccess of publishing sources and jars to maven central repository consist of?

Any hint appreciated,
best regards,
Zuzana Miklankova.