Re: Postgresql-jdbc sources in maven central repository differ from the official ones - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Vladimir Sitnikov
Subject Re: Postgresql-jdbc sources in maven central repository differ from the official ones
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

>I was in need to build a Postgresql-jdbc 42.2.14 from sources and got kind of stuck on the following issue:

The official way to build PostgreSQL JDBC driver is to use Gradle:

If Gradle works for you, you could just stop here and you should ignore -src.tar.gz at Maven Central.

If Gradle does not work, I would suggest:
a) Configure Gradle at your machine somehow
b) If Gradle is absolutely not possible, then you could build with Maven,
and you should use -src.tar.gz convenience sources located at Maven Central.

-src.tar.gz has reduced features and reduced (!) test coverage,
so you need to be extra careful when you use pgjdbc that you build using Maven from -src.tar.gz.

We should probably move the description of -src.tar.gz to the website.

The official distribution should be compiled with Gradle.

>osgi" directory, which is not available in tarball located in the maven repository

This is expected (==reduced feature set)

>CopyUtfTest.java" file, which on the other hand is available only in the maven located tarball

This file probably existed in the filesystem when the release was prepared.
AFAIK CopyUtfTest.java does not exist in git.
I believe you could keep it or you could remove the test if it causes failures.

Vladimir