Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 28 August 2014 00:25, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Thomas Munro wrote:
>> I haven't yet figured out how to get get into a situation where
>> heap_lock_updated_tuple_rec waits.
>
> Well, as I think I said in the first post I mentioned this, maybe there
> is no such situation.  In any case, like the EvalPlanQualFetch issue, we
> can fix it later if we find it.

I finally came up with a NOWAIT spec that reaches
heap_lock_updated_rec and then blocks.  I can't explain why exactly...
but please see attached.  The fix seems fairly straightforward.  Do
you think I should submit an independent patch to fix this case (well
there are really two cases, since there is a separate multixact path)
for the existing NOWAIT support and then tackle the SKIP LOCKED
equivalent separately?

Best regards,
Thomas Munro

Attachment