Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress)
Date
Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA (work in progress)
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro wrote:

> Thanks, I hadn't seen this, I should have checked the archives better.
> I have actually already updated my patch to handle EvalPlanQualFetch
> with NOWAIT and SKIP LOCKED with isolation specs, see attached.  I
> will compare with Craig's and see if I screwed anything up... of
> course I am happy to merge and submit a new patch on top of Craig's if
> it's going to be committed.

Thanks, please rebase.

> I haven't yet figured out how to get get into a situation where
> heap_lock_updated_tuple_rec waits.

Well, as I think I said in the first post I mentioned this, maybe there
is no such situation.  In any case, like the EvalPlanQualFetch issue, we
can fix it later if we find it.