REINDEX deadlock - Postgresql -9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anoop K
Subject REINDEX deadlock - Postgresql -9.1
Date
Re: REINDEX deadlock - Postgresql -9.1  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
We are hitting a situation where REINDEX is resulting in postgresql to go
to dead lock state* for ever*. On debugging the issue we found that
3 connections are going in to some dead lock state.

   1. *idle in transaction   *
   2. *REINDEX waiting   *
   3. *SELECT waiting    *

All these connections are made in the same minute. Once in deadlock state
we are not able to make new connections to db.(So not able to view pg_locks
also). New connections appears as *'startup waiting*' in *ps* output.
Initially we suspected *<idle in transaction>* is the result of not closing
a connection. But it seems it got stuck after creating a connection and is
not able to proceed.

Any clues ..

Thanks
Anoop