Re: PL/R regression on windows, but not linux with master. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: PL/R regression on windows, but not linux with master.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 at 20:24, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> writes:
> One of our tests purposely throws an error which returns
> "ERROR:  R interpreter parse error" on linux
> and
> "WARNING:  R interpreter parse error" on windows.

That's quite bizarre.  What is the actual error level according to
the source code, and where is the error being thrown exactly?

I recall that elog.c has some code to force ERROR up to FATAL or
PANIC in some cases, but it shouldn't ever promote a non-error to
an ERROR.

Well it really is an ERROR, and is being downgraded on windows to WARNING.

I was hoping someone familiar with the code could remember something before I dig into this tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dave