Re: PL/R regression on windows, but not linux with master. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PL/R regression on windows, but not linux with master.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> writes:
> One of our tests purposely throws an error which returns
> "ERROR:  R interpreter parse error" on linux
> and
> "WARNING:  R interpreter parse error" on windows.

That's quite bizarre.  What is the actual error level according to
the source code, and where is the error being thrown exactly?

I recall that elog.c has some code to force ERROR up to FATAL or
PANIC in some cases, but it shouldn't ever promote a non-error to
an ERROR.