Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly
Date
List pgsql-hackers

OK, I went with this new text.  There is confusion over install vs copy,
and whether this is happening at the operating system level or the SQL
level.  I tried to clarify that, but I am not sure I was successful.  I
also used the word "extension" since this is more common than "custom".

Much better, however I'm unclear on whether CREATE EXTENSION is actually executed on the upgraded server.

From what I could gather it is not, otherwise the new function definitions should have been in place.
I think what happens is that the function definitions are copied as part of the schema and pg_extension is also copied.

Dave