Re: Add option --drop-cascade for pg_dump/restore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Wu Haotian
Subject Re: Add option --drop-cascade for pg_dump/restore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've updated the patch to remove unnecessary changes and added tests.

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:09 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> pg_dump support plain, custom, tar and directory format, I think,
> cascade option will be added by pg_dump only for plain format and for
> the other format pg_restore will include the cascade option. Should we
> document this somewhere?

Yes, cascade option relies on `--clean` which only works for plain
format in pg_dump.
Maybe we can add checks like "option --clean requires plain text format"?
If so, should I start a new mail thread for this?

Attachment