Re: monitoring-stats.html is too impenetrable - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From James Salsman
Subject Re: monitoring-stats.html is too impenetrable
Date
List pgsql-docs
Michael,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. This might be much easier:

How about adding another example to
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/planner-stats.html ?

SELECT relname, seq_scan-idx_scan AS too_much_seq,
   case when seq_scan-idx_scan>0 THEN 'Missing Index?' ELSE 'OK' END,
   pg_relation_size(relid::regclass) AS rel_size, seq_scan, idx_scan
FROM pg_stat_all_tables
WHERE schemaname='public' AND pg_relation_size(relid::regclass)>80000
ORDER BY too_much_seq DESC;

The rationale and ideas for how to introduce the example at
https://www.reddit.com/r/PostgreSQL/comments/e0rx8l/i_was_missing_a_single_index_and_omgf_everything/