Re: Compiling table_log for PG 11 / attisdropped - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken Tanzer
Subject Re: Compiling table_log for PG 11 / attisdropped
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 1:42 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 7/12/19 1:19 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:
> Hi.  I'm trying to update some databases from 9.6 to 11, and they use
> table_log for tracking changes to tables.
>
> I started with the most recent version I could find, a fork labeled
> version 0.5.  [1]

What OS.version and compiler/version?

Well it was Centos 7.  I'm not quite sure what I was using at the time I asked, though I think it would have been whatever was generically part of Centos 7.  I ended up having to install serveral packages (llvm5.0, centos-release-scl, llvm-toolset-7 & devtoolset-7) when the compiler was giving errors trying to move from table_log.so to table_log.bc.

Some digging found the below, which is similar:

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3814

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/15653

>     if (!tupleDesc->attrs[i]->attisdropped)

If I am following the issue correctly then the above becomes:

if (!tupleDesc->attrs[i].attisdropped)

>      if (trigdata->tg_relation->rd_att->attrs[col_nr - 1]->attisdropped)

and above becomes:

*[col_nr - 1].attisdropped

That stopped the errors.  Thanks for your help!

Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system