Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 6:59 AM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Pushed, after going through the patch once more, addressed the remaining
> FIXMEs, corrected a couple places in the docs and comments, etc. Minor
> tweaks, nothing important.

The commit updates tab-completion for ALTER PUBLICATION but seems not
to update for CREATE PUBLICATION. I've attached a patch for that.

Also, the commit add a new pgoutput option "sequences":

+                else if (strcmp(defel->defname, "sequences") == 0)
+                {
+                        if (sequences_option_given)
+                                ereport(ERROR,
+                                                (errcode(ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR),
+                                                 errmsg("conflicting
or redundant options")));
+                        sequences_option_given = true;
+
+                        data->sequences = defGetBoolean(defel);

But as far as I read changes, there is no use of this option, and this
code is not tested. Can we remove it or is it for upcoming changes?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/