Re: [HACKERS] Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 11:56 AM, vinayak
<Pokale_Vinayak_q3@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> On 2017/02/28 16:54, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>
> I've created a wiki page[1] describing about the design and
> functionality of this feature. Also it has some examples of use case,
> so this page would be helpful for even testing. Please refer it if
> you're interested in testing this feature.
>
> [1] 2PC on FDW
> <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/2PC_on_FDW>
>
> Thank you for creating the wiki page.

Thank you for looking at this patch.

> In the "src/test/regress/pg_regress.c" file
> -                * xacts.  (Note: to reduce the probability of unexpected
> shmmax
> -                * failures, don't set max_prepared_transactions any higher
> than
> -                * actually needed by the prepared_xacts regression test.)
> +                * xacts. We also set max_fdw_transctions to enable testing
> of atomic
> +                * foreign transactions. (Note: to reduce the probability of
> unexpected
> +                * shmmax failures, don't set max_prepared_transactions or
> +                * max_prepared_foreign_transactions any higher than
> actually needed by the
> +                * corresponding regression tests.).
>
> I think we are not setting the "max_fdw_transctions" anywhere.
> Is this correct?

This comment is out of date. Will fix.

> In the "src/bin/pg_waldump/rmgrdesc.c" file following header file used two
> times.
> + #include "access/fdw_xact.h"
> I think we need to remove one line.

Not necessary. Will get rid of it.

Since these are not feature bugs I will incorporate these when making
update version patches.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada