Re: [HACKERS] Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:24 AM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 11:56 AM, vinayak
> <Pokale_Vinayak_q3@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>>
>> On 2017/02/28 16:54, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>>
>> I've created a wiki page[1] describing about the design and
>> functionality of this feature. Also it has some examples of use case,
>> so this page would be helpful for even testing. Please refer it if
>> you're interested in testing this feature.
>>
>> [1] 2PC on FDW
>> <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/2PC_on_FDW>
>>
>> Thank you for creating the wiki page.
>
> Thank you for looking at this patch.
>
>> In the "src/test/regress/pg_regress.c" file
>> -                * xacts.  (Note: to reduce the probability of unexpected
>> shmmax
>> -                * failures, don't set max_prepared_transactions any higher
>> than
>> -                * actually needed by the prepared_xacts regression test.)
>> +                * xacts. We also set max_fdw_transctions to enable testing
>> of atomic
>> +                * foreign transactions. (Note: to reduce the probability of
>> unexpected
>> +                * shmmax failures, don't set max_prepared_transactions or
>> +                * max_prepared_foreign_transactions any higher than
>> actually needed by the
>> +                * corresponding regression tests.).
>>
>> I think we are not setting the "max_fdw_transctions" anywhere.
>> Is this correct?
>
> This comment is out of date. Will fix.
>

>> In the "src/bin/pg_waldump/rmgrdesc.c" file following header file used two
>> times.
>> + #include "access/fdw_xact.h"
>> I think we need to remove one line.
>>

> Not necessary. Will get rid of it.
>
> Since these are not feature bugs I will incorporate these when making
> update version patches.

Attached updated set of patches.
The differences from previous patch are,
  * Fixed a few bugs.
  * Separated previous 000 patch into two patches.
  * Changed name pg_fdw_xact_resovler contrib module to
fdw_transaction_resolver.
  * Incorporated review comments got from Vinayak

Please review these patches.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada