Re: Flaky vacuum truncate test in reloptions.sql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: Flaky vacuum truncate test in reloptions.sql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 10:39 PM Arseny Sher <a.sher@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> On 3/31/21 4:17 PM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>
>  > Is it better to add FREEZE to the first "VACUUM reloptions_test;" as
> well?
>
> I don't think this matters much, as it tests the contrary and the
> probability of
> successful test passing (in case of theoretical bug making vacuum to
> truncate
> non-empty relation) becomes stunningly small. But adding it wouldn't hurt
> either.

I was concerned a bit that without FREEZE in the first VACUUM we could
not test it properly because the table could not be truncated because
either vacuum_truncate is off or the page is skipped.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/