Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 10:47 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 4:37 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The apply worker registers SharedFileSetDeleteOnProcExit() when
> > creating a file set to serialize the changes. When it raises an error
> > due to conflict during applying the change, the callback eventually
> > reports the temp file statistics but pgstat already shut down,
> > resulting in this assertion failure.
> >

> I think we can try to fix this by registering to clean up these files
> via before_shmem_exit() as done by Andres in commit 675c945394.
> Similar to that commit, we can change the function name
> SharedFileSetDeleteOnProcExit to SharedFileSetDeleteOnShmExit and
> register it via before_shmem_exit() instead of on_proc_exit(). Can you
> try that and see if it fixes the issue for you unless you have better
> ideas to try out?

It seems to me that moving the shared fileset cleanup to
before_shmem_exit() is the right approach to fix this problem. The
issue is fixed by the attached patch.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada