Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 4:37 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> The apply worker registers SharedFileSetDeleteOnProcExit() when
> creating a file set to serialize the changes. When it raises an error
> due to conflict during applying the change, the callback eventually
> reports the temp file statistics but pgstat already shut down,
> resulting in this assertion failure.

I think we can try to fix this by registering to clean up these files
via before_shmem_exit() as done by Andres in commit 675c945394.
Similar to that commit, we can change the function name
SharedFileSetDeleteOnProcExit to SharedFileSetDeleteOnShmExit and
register it via before_shmem_exit() instead of on_proc_exit(). Can you
try that and see if it fixes the issue for you unless you have better
ideas to try out?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.