Performance killed with FDW when using CAST. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jorge Torralba
Subject Performance killed with FDW when using CAST.
Date
Re: Performance killed with FDW when using CAST.  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-admin
We setup a FDW server for a large table that has an hstore data type as on eof the coums.

When we run the query directly on the FDW server

select * from recent_events where account_id = 1 AND (attributes -> 'account_incident_id')::integer = 2617116 limit 10;

The response is 2ms . which is awesome.

When we run it from the remote server where we have the server defined, the query never returns.

Our server definition is as follows.

(host 'fdwserver', dbname 'mydb', port '5432', fetch_size '1000', use_remote_estimate 'true', extensions 'hstore')

We have been playing with this for hours to no avail.

Any clues ?

Thanks

--
Thanks,

Jorge Torralba

Note: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error and delete the copy you received. Thank You.