How to get pgsql to echo commands in a command file - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Moore
Subject How to get pgsql to echo commands in a command file
Date
Re: How to get pgsql to echo commands in a command file  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-sql
I log into pgsql and then type:
\i test.sql

test.sql contains a single SELECT command and when I run that file I see the result of the select command.. The problem is, I also want to see the SELECT command itself.

I've tried
/echo
/qecho
and a lot of other commands, but nothing works.

What do I need to do in order to see the commands in test.sql as well as the output of those commands on my pgsql window?

I'm running on Windows 7 if that matters.

TIA,
Mike