Re: Getting a better performance - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Getting a better performance
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Emily de Souza <emilysouzabg@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got 3 DB servers, running PostgreSQL 9.2.14 with PHP APIs:
>
> 1 - Master DB (16 cores, 128 GB RAM, RAID 10)
> 2 - Slave (warm standby DB - full sized)
> 3 - Slave (warm standby DB - full sized)
> 4 - Slave (warm standby DB)
>
> I would like to improve the performance, by slowing the response
> time (ms) of the DB server.
> But I don't know where to start.
> Do you have some tips/how to about how can I get the information
> that I need?

Without more detail about your problem and what you're trying to
achieve, it is hard to make a suggestion.  If you can pick out a
query that is taking longer than you expect, you might want to
present that to the performance list, following the advice here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com