Re: Testing an extension against multiple versions of Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rhys A.D. Stewart
Subject Re: Testing an extension against multiple versions of Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general

Thanks!!

Rhys
Peace & Love|Live Long & Prosper

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 3:15 AM Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 8:03 AM Ian Barwick <ian.barwick@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > So the questions are:
> > Can I have make install & make installcheck run against multiple versions at the same time or how do I tell the installcheck to run against the 11 server.
>
> Try setting relevant environment variables [*] for the target version before running "make installcheck".
>
> [*] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current//libpq-envars.html

Aside that, a possible easy way to test something against different
PostgreSQL instance is to use something like pgenv
<https://github.com/theory/pgenv>, that is for instance used to test
sqitch.

Luca