Re: POC: make mxidoff 64 bits - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maxim Orlov
Subject Re: POC: make mxidoff 64 bits
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 3 Sept 2024 at 16:32, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't think you need to maintain CATALOG_VERSION_NO change in your
patch for the exact reason you have mentioned: patch will get conflict
each time CATALOG_VERSION_NO is advanced.  It's responsibility of
committer to advance CATALOG_VERSION_NO when needed.

OK, I got it. My intention here was to help to test the patch. If someone wants to have a
look at the patch, he won't need to make changes in the code. In the next iteration, I'll
remove CATALOG_VERSION_NO version change.

--
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.