Re: Test 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl faild in installcheck due to missing injection_points - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maxim Orlov
Subject Re: Test 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl faild in installcheck due to missing injection_points
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 4 Sept 2024 at 03:40, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
Any thoughts about the attached?  This makes installcheck work here
with and without the configure switch.

Works for me with configure build. Meson build, obviously, still need extra "meson compile install-test-files" step
as expected. From your patch, I see that you used safe_psql call to check for availability of the injection_points
extension. Are there some hidden, non-obvious reasons for it? It's much simpler to check output of the
pg_config as Álvaro suggested above, does it? And we don't need active node for this. Or I miss something?

And one other thing I must mention. I don't know why, but my pg_config from meson build show empty configure
despite the fact, I make pass the same options in both cases.

autotools:
$ ./pg_config --configure
'--enable-debug' '--enable-tap-tests' '--enable-depend' ....

meson:
$ ./pg_config --configure

--
Best regards,