Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maxim Orlov
Subject Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15
Date
Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15
List pgsql-hackers

0008 needs a rebase.  heapam.h and catversion.h are failing.

Regards

Thom

Thanks, done!

Also add copying of the xmin and xmax while page is locked. In heapgetpage we have to copy tuples xmin and xmax while
we're holding a lock. Since we do not hold a lock after that, values of xmin or xmax may be changed, and we may get
incorrect values of those fields. This affects only the scenario when the user select xmin or xmax "directly" by SQL query, AFAICS.

--
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.