Re: [WIP] Patches to enable extraction state of query execution from external session - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleksandr Shulgin
Subject Re: [WIP] Patches to enable extraction state of query execution from external session
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 5:22 PM, maksim <m.milyutin@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

Hi, hackers!

Now I complete extension that provides facility to see the current state of query execution working on external session in form of EXPLAIN ANALYZE output. This extension works on 9.5 version, for 9.6 and later it doesn't support detailed statistics for parallel nodes yet.

I want to present patches to the latest version of PostgreSQL core to enable this extension.

Hello,

Did you publish the extension itself yet?

Last year (actually, exactly one year ago) I was trying to do something very similar, and it quickly turned out that signals are not the best way to make this sort of inspection.  You can find the discussion here: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CACACo5Sz7G0MFauC082iM=XX_hQ7qQ5ndR4JPo+H-O5vp6iCcQ@mail.gmail.com

Regards.
--
Alex