Re: Parallel GiST build on Cube - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski
Subject Re: Parallel GiST build on Cube
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

These things for GIST I know that can help:
 - Fast sorting GIST build commitfest entry by Andrey Borodin, not parallel but faster - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/1A36620E-CAD8-4267-9067-FB31385E7C0D%40yandex-team.ru
 - Fast sorting GIST build by Nikita Glukhov, reuses btree code so also parallel - https://github.com/postgres/postgres/compare/master...glukhovn:gist_btree_build

These are very wanted for PostGIS which also indexes everything by 2-4 dimensional cubes and require improvements in core infrastructure and opclass.