PostgreSQL V13 Replication Issue - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Haseeb Khan
Subject PostgreSQL V13 Replication Issue
Date
Re: PostgreSQL V13 Replication Issue  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-performance

Hello Everyone,

Apologies in advance I don't know where to get knowledge regarding this issue that's why I posted here, Highly appreciated if someone could help on this regard

We have installed and configured PostgreSQL V13 Master- Slave streaming replication  on Windows server 2016 but replication is not working. I don't know where the error is because we are not facing any error regarding replication and replication also not working.

Below are the Configuration steps performed on Master and Slave Server

Master Server postgresql.conf file changes made

listen_addresses = '*'

wal_level = replica

wal_writer_delay = 500ms

archive_mode = on

archive_command ='copy %p \\server IP\wal_archive\%f"'

archive_timeout = 3600

max_wal_senders = 6

max_replication_slots = 6

pg_hba Master Server File

host replication username slave_ip/32 md5

host replication username master_ip/32 md5

Below are the Configuration steps performed on Slave Server

Note: I have copied Data directory from master server and paste it on Slave server

Slave Server postgresql.conf file changes made

listen_addresses = '*'

wal_level = replica

wal_writer_delay = 500ms

#archive_mode = off

max_wal_senders = 6

hot_standby = on

Slave pg_hba.conf file

host replication username slave_ip/32 md5

host replication username master_ip/32 md5

recovery.conf file

standby_mode = 'on'

restore_command= 'copy "C:\wal_archive\%f" %p'

<primary_conninfo> = 'host=<MasterIP> port=5432 user=replicator password=*****'

After all these changes made when I restart the master and slave server and run the following command on master server to check whether replication is working or not the below mention query return 0 row

Master Server select * from pg_stat_replication" (return 0 row)

Would be highly appreciated, if someone could tell me what exactly the issue is or what I am missing in the configuration on both the servers (master- slave).Why replication is not working?

BR,
Haseeb Ahmad