BUG #10680 - ldapbindpasswd leaks to postgresql log - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steven Siebert
Subject BUG #10680 - ldapbindpasswd leaks to postgresql log
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Attached is a proposed patch for BUG #10680.

It's a simple fix to the problem of the ldapbindpasswd leaking in
clear text to the postgresql log.  The patch simply removes the raw
pg_hba.conf line from the log message, but retains the log line number
to assist admins in troubleshooting.

The patch is against the master branch and compiles/tests green.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to get this worked
into the next (or perhaps current?) commit fest.  This is a critical
issue for us to meet government accreditation (security) requirements.

Thanks,

Steve

Attachment