Re: BUG #8578: loading a 33G (compressed) pg_dump into a fresh host and db instance crashes a postgresql process - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Nix
Subject Re: BUG #8578: loading a 33G (compressed) pg_dump into a fresh host and db instance crashes a postgresql process
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks for the quick response, Tom. Sure enough. I found the OOM message in
syslog. And thanks for the link. I'll try those suggestions. Just out of
curiosity, will using psql -f alter the behavior, in this case, with
respect to memory?
Thanks again

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> robert@urban4m.com writes:
> > 2013-11-05 17:04:21 EST LOG:  server process (PID 5869) was terminated by
> > signal 9: Killed
>
> OOM killer, almost certainly.  Check your kernel log to confirm.
> Then read about preventing OOM kills:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/kernel-resources.html#LINUX-MEMORY-OVERCOMMIT

.nix