Re: Pg_xlog increase due to postgres crash (disk full) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Cliff de Carteret
Subject Re: Pg_xlog increase due to postgres crash (disk full)
Date
List pgsql-general
The local wal_archive directory is a directory named "wal_archive" which is at the same file system level as the data directory. The time stamp states that it has not been used for several years so it looks to be redundant.

To get the database running again I moved an old postgres installation to a backups folder which gave me ~2G of space to start up again until I was able to mount a new disk and move the pg_xlog to a separate partition using a symbolic link.