Re: Atomic rename feature for Windows. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Subject Re: Atomic rename feature for Windows.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 11:00 PM Victor Spirin <v.spirin@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

IsWindowsVersionOrGreater(10,0,1607) always returns false

Only IsWindowsVersionOrGreater(10,0,0) is a valid call. (There are no service packs in Windows 10.)

I haven't found a way to determine the Windows 10 release ID.
The RtlGetVersion function returns dwBuildNumber = 19042 on my Windows.

I heard that Microsoft does not support older versions of Windows 10 and requires a mandatory update.

You can translate the BuildNumber to the ReleaseId, for 1607 it will be 14393 [1].

We might find pretty much anything in the wild, the safer the check the better.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha