Re: INVALID index while concurrent indexing in progress? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Rajakavitha Kodhandapani
Subject Re: INVALID index while concurrent indexing in progress?
Date
List pgsql-docs
Hi Alvaro,

I am new to PostgreSQL and still in the process of getting familiar with the workflow.
Please let me know if I am missing something?

Submitting patch updates

When submitting a new version of a previously submitted patch, you should do a few additional things:

  • Uniquely identify the new version. You can use git format-patch -vN, incrementing N each time; or you can add an incrementing numerical suffix manually. Using the ".patch" extension allows some reviewers to more easily read it in their email client/code editor.
  • Make sure it's easy to find any earlier discussion of the patch, by providing Message-Id-based links to the mailing list posts. Don't expect that everyone will still be able to find previous submissions on their own. You can usually get the message ID of your email by looking for the header Message-Id in your email client. Try View message source or View original if it's not obviously visible.

Regards,
Rajie

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 10:06 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2022-May-19, Rajakavitha Kodhandapani wrote:

> Thank you, Laurenz. The changes that you suggested make a lot more sense.
> I will make the updates and submit the changes.

Hmm, but they're already submitted.

--
Álvaro Herrera               48°01'N 7°57'E  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"La victoria es para quien se atreve a estar solo"