Re: INVALID index while concurrent indexing in progress? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: INVALID index while concurrent indexing in progress?
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Fri, 2022-05-20 at 10:14 +0530, Rajakavitha Kodhandapani wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 10:06 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> > On 2022-May-19, Rajakavitha Kodhandapani wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you, Laurenz. The changes that you suggested make a lot more sense.
> > > I will make the updates and submit the changes.
> >
> > Hmm, but they're already submitted.
> >
> I am new to PostgreSQL and still in the process of getting familiar with the workflow.
> Please let me know if I am missing something?
> My understanding was based on: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch

Alvaro meant that my message already contained a patch, so there is no need to
send another one, unless you have a different suggestion.
Added value could be a suggested commit message with "git format-patch" that could
make the committer's job easier.

One thing you could do to improve the conversation is to adhere to the project style
of adding your responses *below* the quoted text that you respond to (and prune away
unnecessary parts), like I am doing here.  I had to reformat your message for that
purpose.  That makes it much easier to follow the thread of the conversation.
Consider that these e-mails are archived for posterity.

What you could do to help getting this committed is to add a commitfest entry
for the patch, so that it doesn't get forgotten.  Unfortunately the commitfest
application has trouble finding a thread on -docs, so you may have to send a
reply in this thread to -hackers to make that work.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe