Re: INVALID index while concurrent indexing in progress? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: INVALID index while concurrent indexing in progress?
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 2022-May-20, Laurenz Albe wrote:

> Alvaro meant that my message already contained a patch, so there is no need to
> send another one, unless you have a different suggestion.

Right.  Being old-school, I can just save the email to a plain text file
and do "patch < /tmp/emailfile".  'patch' has smarts to detect
irrelevant parts of the message, so the complete email works fine as a
patch.

> Added value could be a suggested commit message with "git
> format-patch" that could make the committer's job easier.

Right -- especially so if it comes with Author/Discussion/etc lines.  (I
don't think I've seen any patch submitter do that.)

Anyway, I pushed the patch.  I appreciate your willingness to
collaborate and look forward to your future participation, for sure.

"World domination is proceeding according to plan"        (Andrew Morton)