Re: Must re-connect to see tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Blake McBride
Subject Re: Must re-connect to see tables
Date
List pgsql-general
I should also mention that I am using PostgreSQL 9.3.22 on a 64 bit Linux box.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 6:22 AM, Blake McBride <blake@mcbride.name> wrote:
Hi,

I have been using PostgreSQL for many years but all of a sudden a db load script I've been using no longer works.  What id does (essentially) is:

psql postgres postgres
drop database test;
create database test;
\c test
\i data.sql
\dt
\q

I tested this with a small data.sql and it worked fine.  However, when I use a real (much larger) data.sql then \dt replies "No relations"  !  I found this if I stick an extra '\c test' after the '\i data.sql' it works.

The data.sql is a PostgreSQL dump from another database.  When the '\i data.sql' is done, the prompt still shows 'test#' so it's not like I've changed databases.

I only have one schema, 'public'.

Can't figure out why a simple example works but a large file requires an extra \c.

Sure appreciate any help.

Blake McBride