Re: Why PGSQL has no developments in the .NET area? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Christensen
Subject Re: Why PGSQL has no developments in the .NET area?
Date
List pgsql-general
>> PgSQL has just one old NPGSQL driver for .NET, which is itself sluggish.
>> The ODBC driver works better as compared to NPGSQL, but I suspect the ODBC
>> driver is not the right choice for ORM framework of .NET.
>>
>> I want to know whether there is any efficient .NET provider and is PGSQL
>> compatible with the .NET entity framework.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rohit.
>
> Won't bite on the "why" of it all, but is this
> <http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/postgresql/> what you're after?

We use the DevArt drivers (their Oracle drivers anyway) at work and
they're pretty good.  They have solid tech support (helpful and quick
to respond) and they seem to write quality stuff.  I'd assume their PG
drivers are just as good.  However, this stuff isn't cheap.  You pay
per dev license and it's like a few hundred bucks per dev.

I use Npgsql for my own website (www.kitchenpc.com) and I've had zero
problems with these drivers.  They're 100% managed code, and they seem
to be quick even though I haven't done any in-depth speed comparisons.